Wednesday 2 April 2008

1 Samuel 29- 2 Samuel 1

8 So David inquired of the LORD, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”

David recovered all. I spoke of this episode today regarding a dear brother who has been robbed by the enemy. He has been robbed of his family and his wealth and his health. The church too has been robbed of this man's ministry. I remembered Ziklag, and declared that we shall pursue like David and recover everything that has been stolen. I did not know that this was the very passage I would read this evening. I take it as confirmation of God's intention to deliver this man from the enemy's stronghold. Jesus sets the captives free. Jesus restores everything the Devil stole through his deception. Jesus won. We triumph in His Victory.

“Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”

No comments: