Wednesday 8 July 2009

Job 16-19

16.19 Even now my witness is in heaven;
       my advocate is on high.

 20 My intercessor is my friend [a]
       as my eyes pour out tears to God;

 21 on behalf of a man he pleads with God
       as a man pleads for his friend.


Many Christians would lose their confidence that they are right with God if things got this bad. I love that Job fixed onto his heavenly intercessor with boldness, certain of his right standing with God.



19.25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
      And He shall stand at last on the earth;

 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
      That in my flesh I shall see God,

 27 Whom I shall see for myself,
      And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
      How my heart yearns within me!
------------------

No comments: